I don't usually post recipes but I wanted to share these yummy 'healthy' chocolate truffles. It is five days into the new year and I am craving all the unhealthy treats I devoured over the Christmas period. Sadly for me, two weeks of excess means a nasty flare up of the inflammatory bowel disease I am plagued with so I now MUST EAT HEALTHILY. As I was not concentrating this morning, and therefore getting zero bracelets made I took a step back and whipped these up to satisfy the craving without giving in to junk!
2 large handfuls of Gluten Free rolled Oats
300g Ground Almonds
225g raw Crunchy Peanut Butter we like this one-
4 large tablespoons Raw Honey
2 heaped tablespoons Cacao powder (or 100% Cocoa if Cacao not available)
3 heaped tablespoons Coconut oil.
Extra Cacao for dusting.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add raisins, peanut butter, honey and Cacao.
- Melt the coconut oil gently on the stove, once melted pour over mixture.
- Work the mixture together with your hands until it binds together. If it is too dry melt a little more coconut oil and add until desired consistency.
- At this point taste the mixture. These ingredients are rough and I often 'tweak' them until I am happy with the taste. If the Cacao is too bitter add a bit more honey. If the mixture is too sticky add more oats.
- Once you are happy with the taste and texture break off small, truffle sized pieces and roll into a ball shape with your hands.
- Dip the balls into the extra Cacao/Cocoa
- I find it is best to serve these in mini cupcake cases as they can be a little messy when eaten!
Store in the fridge in an airtight container. And enjoy!